Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Country I'd Like to visit.



It`s simple, i would like to visit Perú. It's a country unknown for me, full of mystery and magic, between the myth and the reality. They lived in Perú and for work issues come to Chile and tell me stories about Perú. One of them have a daughter, and she have native american genes. Seeing her, I can imagine the books of Isabel Allende and Gabriel García in the topic of "Magic-Realism". The book "The city of the beast" and "Macondo", with the myth of "El Dorado" fill my memories when I was a child.  Maybe it's just fantasy, but is the point.
When I listen "Perú", come to me images form the past. With them, the Inca Empire and the Maya civilization come back to me. Maybe it's the older enciclopedia from my father, or an ancient story from my uncle.
But the reality it's different. Perú it's a small country, with a ancestral culture and have real latin-american indian, and the local food it's sold on street. It`s different to Chile, but in one way is simillar: high social exclusion, and big economic inequality.




1 comment:

  1. i would like to go to Peru C: i think that their culture is amazing!

    bye

    ReplyDelete